Senior Program Manager, Leadership Development
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
The People team is driven to make Convoy the place where every employee can learn, grow their career and do their best work. Come join our Learning & Development (L&D) function and help us grow our managers and leaders! We are a tight-knit L&D team supporting the company on key initiatives tied to Onboarding, Manager Development, Talent Management, Customer Immersion, and more! We love to collaborate with one another and support each other in our work.
If you enjoy building engaging training experiences, fostering stakeholder relationships, and facilitating highly-interactive training this is the role for you. You will set the stage for how we develop managers, teams and employees to be successful within the increasing complexity of our business. The ideal candidate will have cutting edge leadership development expertise and an aptitude for deeply understanding their customer in order to develop them in critical skills such as Supporting Personal Growth and Development, Aligning Cross-Functionally, Creating an Inclusive Work Environment, Leading Change and more. In addition to working with managers, the role will involve team-based development (such as Team Assessments) as well as flex to support the development and rollout of training across the team. This high-visibility, high-value work will have a clear and lasting impact on Convoy’s future and business success.
- Design and develop training materials, content, and programming to develop our new and current managers
- Bring the latest industry best practices and neuroscience-backed learning approaches to our training offerings
- Elevate manager performance by facilitating highly-engaging training experiences both virtually and in-person
- Support teams in working more effectively together (offsite support, team assessments, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders across the company (Eng, Ops, Sales, and more) to vet content plans and ensure the most relevant content is presented and updated
- Contract with external vendors on training solutions and customize them to better meet our needs
- Partner with the rest of the L&D team to support them in facilitation and design as needed
- Consult with the business and HR to stay up to date on the latest needs from the organization
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of programs through quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Foster and model a culture of continuous learning across the organization
We're looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience designing in-person and virtual training experience from the ground up
- 5+ years of program management experience
- 5+ years of facilitation experience
- Experience in multi-faceted programming: ILT, video, team development, and case study development
- A passion for leadership development and staying up on the latest research in the field
Nice to haves:
- Personality Assessment Facilitation Experience (DiSC, Insights, Enneagram etc.)
- Coaching Experience
- E-learning design experience (ex. Articulate)
- Experience working at a mid-sized company to grow their learning & development function
- Experience with LMS Management
- Experience in survey design and a focus on metrics and measurement
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!