Data Scientist (All Levels)
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
- Measure the impact of product launches using experimental and quasi-experimental methods (A/B testing, causal inference, statistical modeling)
- Provide product decisions support through offline model development and exploratory data analysis
- Maintain, monitor, and debug production models/decisions systems
- Develop metrics to measure system performance and business impact
- Document and share technical documentation and learnings
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 2-7+ years of industry experience Data Science or Analytics roles
- Expert SQL fluency
- Proficient with scientific/statistical languages such as Python and/or R
- Experience with statistical data analysis and modeling
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication and keen attention to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, computer science, operations research, engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- ETL pipeline experience
- Strong examples of your outputs influencing product or engineering road-maps
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!