Senior Product Manager, Ops Platform
Seattle, Washington /
Product Management /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Our $800 billion industry in the US starts with over 100,000 shippers of every size with processes and practices that have been unchanged for decades.
Convoy is establishing a new playbook for freight. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. Innovations like Automated Reloads, Convoy Go, and 100% automated brokering are challenging convention and transforming how shippers run freight.
Are you passionate about working autonomously and being responsible for your domain end-to-end? Convoy is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to lead a strategically critical effort for Convoy. Your work will span company-level strategy through to roadmap and execution. To help you succeed, your team will consist of dedicated engineers, designers, and data scientists. You will work directly with customers and operations to understand their problems and develop new solutions.
This is a growth effort with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. You will have the opportunity to impact every stage of the product and customer journey and success in your role will materially alter Convoy's trajectory.
In this role, you will own the vision, strategy, roadmap and execution for our operations tools and platform for Convoy which is a critical component to continuing to scale Convoy. In this role, you will lead an A+ group of scientists, engineers, operations specialists and UX designers to build out capabilities that make Convoy the industry leader in service and automation. This role will require a data-driven mindset and the ability to deal with a high level of ambiguity.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for our our operations tools and platform
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments. You will work closely with Data Scientists to own our long-range predictions and analyze/deep-dive gaps.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Sales, Marketplace, Business Operations and other Product teams to identify near term and long term innovations.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of Product Management Experience
- Building large scale operational tools and/or platforms that are easy to use and at the intersection of the physical world, technology and human behavior.
- Analytical expertise and the ability to dive deep into data/models on a regular basis.
- Proven partner to operations and track record of owning a product roadmap through multiple iterations.
- Proven track record of leadership and influence without authority beyond your immediate team.
- Experience working backwards from customer needs, especially those of B2B customers.
- Experience writing specs that are easily consumed by engineering and partner teams.
- Experience defining metrics, leveraging simulations and running experiments.
Nice to haves:
- MBA or engineering degree
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!