Senior Operations Specialist - Brokerage
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
About Brokerage Operations:
Brokerage Operations is critical to Convoy's success. The Brokerage Ops team is the bridge between the old way of connecting shippers to carriers (buy low, sell high), and the new way (instantly matching the right truck for each shipment). Brokerage Ops is one of the teams that truly manages both sides of the marketplace at Convoy. We ensure that the freight we take is healthy for marketplace building and then make sure we find the best truck for the job as quickly as possible. They have the ability to sell freight quickly and negotiate effectively, simultaneously introducing the technology that will help trucking companies streamline & scale their business. The team comprises of people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking. We've had great people join us from logistics backgrounds, tech sales, NCAA coaching, military, operations, commodities trading, and plenty of others. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as outcome orientation, hustle, humility, and great communication.
You thrive in a meritocratic team environment. Seeing tangible results from your hard work is important for you. You are a problem solver and a generalist who hugs the line between sales and ops. You are good at process improvement and quick-fire negotiations. You are open to a cross-functional role but are open to learning your specialty along the way. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
You'll have ownership over:
- Managing a local marketplace, balancing supply and demand at a lane & corridor level
- Prioritizing, pricing and marketing shipments on a tight schedule
- Working directly with carriers in real time to match shipments at the best rate to the market
- Sourcing, developing and managing expectations for Carriers
- Problem solving on the front lines of your marketplace for real-time shipments; coordinating customer shipment needs between external and internal teams
- Troubleshooting logistical issues, and execute on contingencies based on circumstances
- Supporting new geographic, program & freight expansion initiatives
- Understanding, tracking and communicating marketplace health
- Occasionally working outside your own marketplace
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-4 years of operations, sales, or customer service experience
- 1 year of startup, tech, or freight brokerage experience
- Demonstrated mastery of negotiation frameworks
- Demonstrated Excel or SQL skills a plus
- Capability to independently problem solve
- Excellent written and cross-functional communication skills
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- A positive, tenacious and proactive attitude
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!