Manager, Brokerage Operations
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
About Brokerage Operations
Brokerage Operations is critical to Convoy's success. The Brokerage Ops team is the bridge between the old way of connecting shippers to carriers (buy low, sell high), and the new way (instantly matching the right truck for each shipment). Brokerage Ops is one of the teams that truly manages both sides of the marketplace at Convoy. We ensure that the freight we take is healthy for marketplace building and then make sure we find the best truck the job as quickly as possible. They have the ability to sell freight quickly and negotiate effectively, simultaneously introducing the technology that will help trucking companies streamline & scale their business. The team comprises of people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking. We've had great people join us from logistics backgrounds, tech sales, NCAA coaching, military, operations, commodities trading, and plenty of others. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as outcome orientation, hustle, humility, and great communication.
You are eager to lead at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You know how to lead in a meritocratic team environment - always bringing out the best in your team. Hitting goals and leveling up your team light you up! You are a problem solver and a generalist who hugs the line between sales and ops. You understand the value of, can creatively develop, and successfully implement wide range of impactful process improvements and strategic initiatives. You can think strategically and on a large scale, but still enjoy rolling up your sleeves when the situation calls for it. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
You'll have ownership over:
- Building a world class brokerage ops team: hiring and building trust with your team
- Assisting with healthy marketplace building, working with Growth teams on pricing and automation
- Assisting Account Management with helping customers solve their supply chain challenges
- Work directly with carriers in real time to match shipments at the best rate to the market
- Acting on the front lines to assist with active shipments, coordinating customer shipment needs between external and internal teams - Being a player/coach for specialists on the team
- Overseeing the successful matching of shipments, by utilizing our proprietary dashboards
- Support new geographic, program & freight expansion initiatives
- Sourcing new carriers, developing and managing carrier relationships
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Highly tactical - knows how to get stuff done
- Experience leading teams, having managed direct reports for at least 2 years
- Excellent negotiation frameworks
- Startup, tech, or freight brokerage experience a plus
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- A positive, tenacious and proactive attitude
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!