Senior Data Scientist - Shipment Success
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Convoy, one of the fastest-growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. We offer the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through our network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
The Data Science team is at the core of Convoy’s platform. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, metric definition, econometrics, and analytics domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
Are you excited about working autonomously and being responsible for your domain end-to-end? At Convoy, we are a highly aligned team that operates in a dynamic environment and pivots where needed to focus on what matters most. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, developing and disseminating insights to drive product decisions, conducting experiments, and building models.
As a Data Scientist on our Shipment Success team, you will play a critical role in generating insights and experiments that directly affect Convoy’s most critical cross-company goals. You’ll embed fully into the business to develop a deep understanding from high-level strategy to day-to-day operations, and bring a data-driven perspective to help the team succeed.
You have the following skills and experience
- Degree in economics, statistics, business analytics, operations research, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject.
- 3-5 years of experience in Business Intelligence or Data Scientist - Analytics roles (candidates with substantially more experience are strongly encouraged to apply).
- Experience with SQL and R/Python in dynamic business environments.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- An excellent communicator that can flow across a wide range of partners (product, engineering, sales, etc).
Nice to have skills
- M.S. in economics, statistics, business analytics, operations research, natural science or equivalent quantitative subject.
- ETL pipeline experience.
- Experience with Tableau or other similar data visualization tool.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. at our Seattle HQ.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!