Sales Training Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a Sales Training Manager for Convoy, you will collaborate across the organization to develop, deliver, and evaluate sales training programs for our customer-facing personnel. You will be responsible for helping our Sales and Account Management representatives learn all areas needed to succeed at Convoy, including freight industry knowledge, product knowledge, technology tools, business communication skills, sales processes and methodology, such as 30-60-90 sales curriculum and new hire onboarding. You design and own training delivery through a mix of on-demand, live, on-the-job training, and certification programs.
- Deliver sales onboarding and ongoing training to all customer-facing personnel (Directors, Account Executives, Account Managers, and Sales Development Representatives), partnering with Sales Leadership, Marketing, and Product on collateral and curriculum. On occasion, assist with other internal training needs within the company as appropriate.
- Define, measure and apply consistent data-driven training metrics to achieve company objectives, such as time to achieve quota and % quota achieved.
- Audit and maintain all training content, guidelines, and curriculum needed to support the above programs; build out of a learning management system.
- Regularly assess sales training needs by observing individual performance/behaviors and collaborating with appropriate cross-functional area(s).
- Continuously improve our program with up-to-date best practices in sales training and enablement, such as certification and contests. Proactively consider and identify new strategies, tactics and vendors to raise the level of the team’s thinking and performance.
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to ensure quality sales collateral and templates are created (case studies, sales deck, info sheets, etc) and sales reps can find and utilize the right content at the right time.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to work 1:1 with reps for ongoing coaching and development (e.g. call reviews) to demonstrate successful learning and on-the-job application.
- Partner with Revenue Operations to ensure successful adoption of sales processes and technologies in a fast-changing environment, along with measurement of results.
- Be a key member of the Business Operations and Sales Strategy (BOSS) team - we are a passionate, scrappy team that are solving some of the most critical problems at Convoy and building a world-class organization.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience working as a sales trainer in a fast paced technology environment, freight sales experience a plus.
- Freight Experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success training inside sales professionals in a solution sales methodology, preferably Challenger or Sandler.
- Experience with training multiple sales team personas (SDR, AE, AM) within a sales organization.
- Highly process oriented, with the ability to create and document programs that scale.
- Experience working cross-functionally to analyze needs and leveraging subject matter experts to develop to those needs.
- Strong leadership; ability to lead and evolve the sales training program from scratch in a data-driven manner.
- Highly experienced with different training modalities, including on-demand, classroom, virtual, and video training.
- Proven ability to develop content around sales process, product training and collateral, including video.
- Understanding of sales pipeline, opportunity management, and forecasting cadence and process in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven track record of exceptional project management and change management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- A collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!