Senior Manager, Sales Planning & Analysis
Seattle, Washington /
Revenue Operations /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
Come join our quickly growing Revenue Ops team as our Senior Manager, Sales Planning & Analysis! In this role, you will oversee three budding and critical programs for our Shipper Sales organization; Forecasting, Budgeting, Metrics & Analytics. You and your team will have a meaningful impact on the business as you provide insights, analysis and planning support to our sales team leaders to guide our path to profitable growth!
If you are an experienced & hands-on Ops leader with a growth mindset that is looking for your next big opportunity to build out a world class operations program, then this is the opportunity for you. We are just getting started in our Journey and there is a lot of building to be done.
You should be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
- Manage a team of program managers & analysts focused on forecasting, financial modeling, headcount planning, operational budgeting, performance measurement, reporting and other operational functions.
- Deliver executive level presentations and/or analysis, including Weekly Business Reviews (WBRs), Monthly Budget & performance reviews, and Board reviews
- Lead the development of annual and quarterly financial plans, which align our go-to-market strategy with a set of measurable OKRs, headcount plans and budgetary requirements
- Develop and manage the weekly and quarterly sales forecasting process within Salesforce.com.
- Partner directly with Finance, Sales leadership, and our sellers to ensure our forecasting is in line with the business plan
- Design reports that provide benchmarking and progress measurement against key sales goals.
- Partner with sales leadership and Finance to design the tools & processes required to systematize our forecasting & quota setting efforts
- Partner with Finance to ensure consistency and transparency with the company’s Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) performance metrics for sales reporting
- Develop and maintain sales management reports and dashboards that pertain to key sales metrics
- Perform ad hoc analytical deep dives
We're looking for someone who has:
- Management experience with a track record of building successful sales operations programs and teams
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience. Comfortable to lead and influence without authority
- Must have 5-10 years experience at a management or senior administrative level working with company leadership to forecast, plan, budget
- 5+ years of experience in program management, project management, marketing/sales operations, and process improvements for high-technology companies or products.
- Strong communication skills a must - heavy focus on writing ability, public speaking skills (across all channels including executive management team presentations)
- Proficiency in Tableau, Excel/Google Sheets, SQL, Salesforce, and other Sales Operations tools is required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining cognizant of company strategies
- Ability to easily incorporate new strategies into day-to-day activities.
- Proven time management skills: experience multitasking, prioritizing, and executing tasks in a high-pressure, complex, quota-driven sales environment.
- Experience in Fortune 1000 & start up organizations preferred
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!