Director, Demand Product Strategy & Operations
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
The Director, Demand Product Strategy & Operations will partner with the product team on the design and delivery of shipper-facing technology at Convoy. This includes foundational tools and processes that enable our account team to manage the business at scale. You will report to the head of Business Operations and own the Demand product vision and business needs backlog. You will use your intimate knowledge of the customer, market and sales team’s needs to influence the product & engineering roadmap i.e. you will partner closely with Product and Engineering teams in prioritizing, designing and launching the right tools and features. From day 1, you will dive into shipper needs and develop a deep understanding of how they make decisions and flow that through the design and delivery of our products. The role requires you to exercise independent judgement and make critical business tradeoffs on the fly. You’ll manage a team of seasoned Program Managers with deep industry expertise to guide your strategy and vision.
- Strategy: Own and drive multiple programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy especially own the launch and adoption of products with customers and sales teams
- Lead: Manage a team of Program managers and foster a performance driven culture. Define clear goals and metrics in ambiguous environments and hold teams accountable for outcomes
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and drive action. You are comfortable with SQL, Excel and driving business decisions grounded in data.
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You clearly communicate goals, issues, and status to all stakeholders and partners. Work closely with Product to drive roadmap and priorities.
- Voice of Sales: You will be the bridge between Sales and Product, helping Sales gain visibility into the Product roadmap and helping Product prioritize feature requests from the Sales team.
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks of the products you launch. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Customer obsessive: You always keep customer first, can deeply understand customer needs and translate those into actionable insights and strategy
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience at a top tier consulting firm or at a tech. Company in a program management or BizOps leadership role
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to effectively advise senior leadership
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Strong ownership, bias for action, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves
- Experience working closely with product and engineering teams is a plus
- Experience working closely with enterprise customers and sales teams is a plus
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!