HR Business Partner
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
You are a seasoned HR Business Partner (HRBP) who is eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. As the sole HRBP in the Atlanta office, you will be part of the overall corporate HR team and you will bring the enthusiasm and attitude necessary to get the job done!
As the sole HR Leader in our growing expanding Atlanta office, you will:
- Build trusted partnerships with leaders through consultative and collaborative efforts to ensure effective HR Programs that support organizational and talent capabilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for both managers and employees for all HR matters, resolving day-to-day issues from onboarding/orientation through to termination and offboarding
- Support the development and execution of projects and programs for internal stakeholders and front-line associates
- Develop process for and support managers in handling performance management and/or corrective action conversations
- Help build, train, and support managers in administering employee policies for paid time off, vacation, shift adjustments, and attendance
- Collaborate with leaders on employee development and talent planning (succession planning)
- Provide consultation and support to managers in addressing employee issues. Conduct employment-related investigations
- Review programs and policies for compliance with human resources laws, regulations, policies, and best practices and recommend modifications if appropriate
- Identify training opportunities and coordinate delivery to managers and employees
- Act as a change agent champion to ensure the successful implementation of frequent organizational and business change initiatives
- As a subject matter expert, provide employees with information on topics such as: health benefits, 401K contributions, FMLA & employment laws
- Complete employment verifications and state and Department of Labor compliance documents
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
You have the following experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of HR experience with increasingly levels of responsibility, ideally at a start-up or other fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including employee relations, recruitment, performance management, federal and state laws, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis and diversity
- Demonstrated experience managing the HR needs of 100+ employee organizations that include non-exempt / hourly workers
- Ability to work independently - you will be our only onsite HR employee in AtlantaTechnical and functional knowledge of state and federal employment labor laws, Workers’ Compensation, OSHA, FMLA, ADA, benefit programs and regulatory requirements
- You index high on personal resilience and don't get flustered by change or undefined problems
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!