Program Manager, Process Design & Improvement
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are a proficient program owner who loves optimizing processes by constantly designing, experimenting, and iterating. You effectively balance building long term solutions to fully eliminate the issue with creating near term stopgap solutions; you have a clear framework you employ to choose which path to take in any scenario. In partnership with Operations, Product, Data Science and Quality Assurance, you will drive company-wide efficiency and service improvements. You are established within your field. Your toolkit includes a variety of continuous improvement methods and strong inquisitive capabilities; you are also experienced in heading cross-functional efforts to solve problems. You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is the role for you!
- Drive organizational, product, and process improvements. Design and execute complex experiments to test new operational processes and best practices.
- Own key operational metrics and create an annual roadmap that iteratively optimizes execution within Convoy’s shared work model.
- Innovate on behalf of our operations associates to ensure that the programs you are driving maximize their mindshare by empowering the operations team with the tools, time, and focus to constantly exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor operations performance. Perform complex data investigation to identify opportunities and inform priorities.
- Head cross-functional teams to identify the biggest opportunities to reduce costs, root cause problems, identify data and forecasting needs, and implement product or process changes to fix them. Passionately drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Transportation, Operations or other quantitative field. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a process improvement role in process improvement, program management, operations, logistics, manufacturing, or a similar field.
- Expertise in a variety of process design and improvement techniques. Six Sigma green belt preferred.
- The ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete solutions.
- Experience at leveraging Excel or Google Sheets to research business information, create dashboards, and track key business metrics. SQL, statistics tools, and Tableau experience preferred.
- A track record of tangible results piloting and implementing processes in Operations.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Sound organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience in a startup environment (preferred).
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!