Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. With strong communication skills, you'll handle a high volume of accounts. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. Prior collections experience is not required. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
You will have ownership of:
- Responsibility over all accounting functions, including preparation of A/P, review monthly financial statement and reporting, account reconciliations, CPA interface and external examinations (i.e. bank audits).
- Managing invoice preparation, A/R aging reporting, variances and collections and assist commission analyst with A/R inquiries, reporting, reconciliations and audits.
- Responsibility over all payroll functions including variable compensation calculations, 401(k) management, and registered.
- Preparing and processing applicable city, state, excise and B&O taxes in coordination with Controller.
- Responsibility over management of corporate credit cards and expense reporting, including monthly approvals, entry into QuickBooks, reconciliations and expense reimbursements.
- Developing and introducing new Key Performance Indicators as a component of regular reporting.
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining short and long-term cash flow and operating forecasts.
- You will also have the opportunity to add value in new innovative ways that you can teach us about!
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Deep experience in a customer facing role
- Enthusiasm about collections and billing
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- A positive, active, can-do attitude
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative accountant who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!