Salesforce System Administrator II
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the execution of day-to-day configuration, support, and maintenance of our Salesforce instance, as well as continuously improving the platform to enable our growth. You will work closely with the Sales Operations team and several stakeholders in Business Operations and Sales Strategy and Demand, as well as Finance and Marketing, to ensure core processes and systems are well defined, precisely measured, and function effectively and with scale.
Specifically, this role will be expected to have a broad understanding of Salesforce automation capabilities, change management, user management, data models, and most importantly - providing the best experience for our end-users. We are looking for someone who passionately understands Salesforce, is committed to continuous improvement, is a very analytical and a creative problem solver with a bias for action and has a relentless focus on getting things done.
As an IT Applications Analyst at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. As a member of the Demand team, you will play a critical role in launching and managing productivity and collaboration tools for Convoy employees.
Your daily scope will include:
- Serve as the second system administrator for the Salesforce environment with 200+ users
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, company reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades and new releases
- Manage integrations with our Salesforce instance; including Outreach, Ironclad, and other tools
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests
- Work with the Revenue Operations team to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 1+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Certified Salesforce Administrator is required
- Proven ability to implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the Lightning platform, field data types, and object relationships
- Comfortable creating custom objects, custom fields, formula fields, validation rules, custom list views and other content of intermediate complexity
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Affinity for a hyper-growth business
- Strong data management abilities with a solid understanding of de-duping, bulk data updating, loading and exporting and the best tools to use such as Data Loader, Data Import Wizard, Data Export Wizard, and Workbench
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex Salesforce concepts
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills, and a bias for action
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess and implement the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning - such as Trailhead
- Advanced Administrator preferred & Platform App Builder Certification
- Freight background or experience managing transportation systems preferred
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, or other certifications a bonus
- Experience with managing Ironclad, Outreach, Brandfolder, Talk Desk, ZoomInfo, Marketo, DataFox or other similar system integrations is a bonus
Please Note: Visa Sponsorship is NOT offered for this role.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!