Culture and Communications Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Our internal sales culture and communications manager is responsible for continually evolving and improving our sales organizational culture. In this role, you will create the events, communication and processes that connect sales team members with one another, with leadership, and with our mission. You will be the glue that holds our team together!
You will also be responsible for event strategy and execution and will partner closely with teams across the company to create experiences that surprise and delight existing and potential Convoy sales reps by highlighting new product features and sustainability milestones. The work you do will help employees stay motivated, feel a sense of belonging and will drive clear initiatives that affect Convoy's short-term and long-term goals.
As part of the Sales Enablement Team you will be responsible for driving productivity, quota achievement and engaged selling time. You will be in the driver seat to craft a culture program that helps our Sales Team Members achieve to the best of their ability and feel fulfilled while doing it. You will join an energetic and engaging team that strives to bring personality, creativity and ingenuity to the workplace and to our team members every-single-day. Together we can raise the bar and have fun doing it. Truck yeah!
- Create the Sales internal communication plan, events and calendar.
- Create a messaging framework that drives employee engagement and reinforces our goals.
- Lead all internal announcements, providing guidance that promotes transparent communication.
- Manage the content and production of all internal events including our annual Sales Kickoff, Mid-Year Summit and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Measure the success of internal communications and events and make ongoing improvements based on results.
- Draft and edit employee communications including emails, weekly digests, executive presentations, FAQs and intranet pages.
- Host and curate weekly standups with our Sales Staff to ensure they are connected to broader strategic initiatives.
- Manage the announcement and tracking of Sales Incentive Programs to further encourage engagement and spark enthusiasm within the Sales Team.
- Partner with cross-functional departments on communications for inter-company announcements and events.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A positive outlook and brings energy to the table both for their own work and to those on the team.
- An entrepreneur who is willing to build, create and experiment to find the ultimate combination of motivation, process and good-vibes.
- Demonstrated experience curating, managing and building content for world-class events for 200+ people on multiple occasions with positive references and metrics driven results.
- 5+ years experience crafting strategic communications for executive leaders.
- 4+ years of related experience in face-to-face and virtual events
- 3+ years of experience in sales, account management or a customer facing role.
- Experience building scalable culture and/or compensation programs from scratch in a startup environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience making data-driven decisions and tracking results through metrics.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A track record of using traditional and emerging communication tools and technologies
- BA / BS - Business degree or equivalent experience
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!