Senior Product Manager, Location
Seattle, Washington /
Product Management /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Understanding the location of our loads and assets is a foundational capability that enables everything we do. As the leader of our location platform, you will own the strategy and implementation of our location acquisition strategy and mapping solutions. You will be responsible for the accuracy of the data collected and the innovation of how we can use the data to deliver world-class service to our shippers and carriers. To achieve this goal, you’ll lead a cross-functional team of engineering, data science and operational research, design, and marketing.
- The overall strategy, roadmap, and technology stack that Convoy uses to acquire, use, and display location based information.
- Leading a team of engineers and data scientists in researching and delivering a world-class real-time visibility and location based value-add services.
- Solicit and prioritize the needs of our shippers, carriers, and other internal product teams.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of proven success in Product Management.
- Experience working with technical and research teams.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to think quantitatively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in location acquisition and analysis is strongly preferred.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters. Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.