Sr Program Manager, Shipment & Facility Programs
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
About the role:
As a Program leader on the product team you will work across the organization to develop and accelerate initiatives focused on improving quality within the shipment lifecycle. This role will primarily be focused on shipper and facility programs and will require you to break down large problems and products into digestible, scalable solutions and strategies for our shippers, ultimately driving optimal demand in our marketplace. Strong communication, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to scale solutions for our customers are a must.
In this role you will own the following:
- Strategy - You will work with product to create feedback loops that inform strategy for Shipment Success and drive growth through alignment with stakeholders.
- Planning & Execution - You will own end to end planning and execution of strategies to improve core metrics focused on shipments and facilities.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will be required to design experiments and define metrics and goals to measure program success.
- Cross functional partnership - You will work closely with our product, customer operations, brokerage operations, and other teams to execute on long term innovation for our customers.
About your skills and experience:
- 7+ years of experience at top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500.
- Product / program management, and operations management experience.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to effectively translate problems into scalable programs that span both business process and technology solutions.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to identify smallest increments of learning from customer and internal feedback.
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics. Exceptional with Excel/Data management tools. SQL experience is highly preferred.
- You can assess costs, benefits, and risks for programs, with the ability to respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Embrace ambiguity. Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!