Program Manager, New Business Initiatives
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Program Manager on the product team you will work across the organization to drive new business initiatives, from incubation through expansion. The role will primarily be focused on shipper facing programs and will require you to break down large problems into concrete analytical solutions, test, iterate, and develop in depth plans to scale successful programs across operational and technical functions. Proven track record of incubating new initiatives preferred. Strong communication and the ability to influence across the company to scale solutions for our customers are a must.
You will have ownership over the following:
- Strategy - You will identify key questions that will determine the validity and success of a program and drive to resolution through alignment with stakeholders.
- Planning & Execution - You will own end to end planning and execution, particularly with incubations. You will be required to develop a broad understanding of the business in order to drive effective paths to scale for successful programs.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will define the metrics and goals that drive program success and will be required to design and measure effective experiments.
- Cross functional partnership - You will work closely with our product, sales, operations, marketing and other teams to identify and execute on long term innovation for our customers.
You have the following skills & experience:
- 5-10+ years of experience at top tier consulting firm, tech company, fortune 500, or logistics. Project management, program management, or operations management experience.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics. Exceptional with Excel/Data management tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!