Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
Convoy is establishing a team of talented, thoughtful engineers to automate the logistics industry. Our goal is to develop amazing software to make trucking efficient while growing ourselves and our coworkers sustainably. You should pride yourself on developing products at light speed, while simultaneously being intentional in your approach towards the process, communication, and building systems.
- Build delightful features that make it easier to run a small trucking business.
- Invent best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with teams inside the company who closely align with our operations team.
- Write scalable software for processing millions of dollars of payments.
- Use machine learning to improve our margins or brokerage efficiency.
- Craft products to help other teams at Convoy scale.
We're looking for someone who has:
- At least 4 years of industry experience building production software
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- High-quality web or mobile front-end UX (React/Redux, React Native)
- Server tech: Our stack is Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, and AWS, but we're open to engineers from all backgrounds!
- Pricing and ranking/optimization problem solving
- Multi-service backend architectures
- Logistics software
- Cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!