Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a future FP&A team member at Convoy you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work. You are continuously learning and are never satisfied with the status-quo. You are as comfortable creating a complex financial model from scratch and getting in the weeds on financial data as you are with managing stakeholders and program managing projects.
We're looking for someone to join the FP&A team to manage resource planning, research and development deployment, and manage fixed cost management. The ideal candidate is excited to create processes in a highly dynamic environment and collaborate with stakeholders to align their needs with the financial priorities of the firm. While resource planning is a focus for this role, you would also assist with forecast cycle deliverables and ad hoc support of functions including but not limited to Engineering, Product, Recruiting, Real Estate, Legal, and IT.
The finance team's goal is to align Convoy’s roadmap and execution with its desired financial outcomes while democratizing accurate, scalable, and insightful financials across the firm. We “find a path to ‘yes’” while performing our due diligence and controllership. To do so, we are not limited to financial modeling or processing inputs downstream; we earn it through results by embedding with the business and connecting the dots across teams to org-wide strategy and process. We balance financial stewardship, enterprise value, growth/winning, and physics to help make the best choices for Convoy.
- Own resource modeling that is dynamic, scalable, and accurate.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand and model their respective needs and build recommendations for strategic outcomes around staffing, tooling, risk management, and capacity.
- Own the transition of relevant data and reporting into Central FP&A for aggregation in our monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Assist in the transformation of resource planning and budgeting into ERP/financial planning tools with Central FP&A and maintain relevant inputs to said systems.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2-4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or Business Analyst roles (start-up/tech preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as part of a growing organization and present your findings.
- Developed processes, tools, and/or tests that enable teams to have high ROI outcomes.
- The ability to assess costs, benefits, and risks for the organization with impact beyond their own team.
- A proven track record of strong cross functional partnership with stakeholders to understand details drivers and support business outcomes.
- Proactively raised risks and opportunities and suggestions for changes to the roadmap.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of SQL, Workday Financials, Adaptive Insights, and Tableau is a plus.
- Experience with HR, Recruiting, and Resource management is a plus.
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders on strict timelines is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!