Senior Director, Operations
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fewer empty miles, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing rapidly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is moving the world forward.
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Microsoft, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
- You have led teams of 100+ people, and are able to marshal your team to meet extraordinary goals. You can recruit, hire, and coach people in your organization to become incredible leaders. You hold your team to high standards and are passionate about people development.
- You are someone with a strong customer obsession, experienced in process and product improvement to deliver outstanding results to a variety of internal and external customers.
- You’re data-driven, skilled in defining goals and achieving results, and you excel in an intense, dynamic work environment.
- You are tech-savvy and also work well across an organization, forming strong partnerships with internal stakeholders in Operations, Product, and Engineering teams and critical external third parties.
- You define metrics to measure performance, set goals for improvement in each area, and work with the responsible teams to systematically improve and sustain high performance.
- In this highly-visible role, you’ll be responsible for growing, managing, and reporting on both day-to-day operations and strategic projects that enable Convoy to scale.
- Hire, mentor and scale a high performing team that includes both strategic and operational functions.
- Develop a long term strategy for Convoy’s business process outsourcing across teams, providers, and countries.
- Define metrics in a rapidly growing and ambiguous environment and hold both internal and external teams accountable to results.
- Drive root-cause analysis of existing customer pain points in partnership with product and engineering teams.
- Foster a culture of process improvement and defect elimination to improve shipper and carrier experience.
- Partner with product and engineering to automate and simplify current manual business processes.
- Manage rhythm of the business, i.e., drive increased visibility for our leadership team into external partner business performance and opportunities for growth.
We are looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS with 9+ years of experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience building and scaling large-scale strategic and cross-functional programs from the ground-up.
- Experience developing and deploying organizational strategies and goals.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals.
- Strong ownership, bias for action, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’ve built and scaled high-functioning teams; great coach and mentor to the team.
- Passion and empathy for the customers you serve.
- Demonstrated track record of building and growing high-performance teams that can deliver results against multiple complex projects.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Strong deductive skills and data-driven orientation.
- Ability to influence without authority to partner with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a B2B environment with unique and varied customer needs.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!