Carrier Sales Representative
Carrier Sales & Account Management
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
About Carrier Sales
Carrier Sales (aka Brokerage) is critical to Convoys success. The Carrier Sales team is the bridge between the old way of connecting shippers to carriers (buy low, sell high), and the new way (instantly matching the right truck for each shipment). They have the ability to sell freight quickly and negotiate effectively, simultaneously introducing the technology that will help trucking companies streamline & scale their business.
You work really hard and bring out the best in others by doing so. You celebrate team wins but want to be the best at what you do. You love to sell. You are a people person and are comfortable on the phone with customers. You are a closer - negotiations are fun for you! You are excited to tackle new challenges every week, becoming an expert in selling both tech and logistics.
You'll have ownership over:
- Helping our customers solve their supply chain challenges
- Working directly with carriers in real time over the phone and web on their shipments
- Coordinating customer shipment needs between external and internal teams
- Acting on the front lines to assist with active shipments
- Overseeing the successful matching of shipments, by utilizing our proprietary dashboards
- Hitting aggressive goals
- Managing and developing carrier relationships
- Sourcing new carriers
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 0-3 years of sales or client facing experience
- Startup, tech, or freight brokerage experience a plus
- Good negotiation framework
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- A positive, tenacious and proactive attitude
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!