Global, Outsource Vendor Manager
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
As a manager of the Vendor Operations Team, you will oversee a business critical operations team consisting of Associate Program Managers and multiple outsource partners. This team is responsible for supporting and growing our outsource partners while consistently meeting Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators. You are a strategic-thinker, problem-driven, and customer-obsessed individual with a high sense of urgency to help Convoy scale.
- Build and execute a strategic plan for the vendor operations team including creating and defining KPIs and OKRs to support Convoy during hypergrowth
- Lead a team of associate program managers meet quarterly metrics and goals and ensure our daily operational tasks are being completed with quality and efficiency
- Own new vendor procurements including contract negotiations, budgeting, and implementation
- Foster strong relationships with outsource partners for growth and continuous operational improvement
- Serve as liaison between leadership and outsource partners, and the first escalation point for internal stakeholders.
- Identify key areas of opportunity in our operations and provide recommendations and solutions to drive accuracy, efficiency, and scalability
- Provide support and direction to partner teams for determining headcount, operational tasks that can be transitioned to an outsource partner
- Manage vendor financials to ensure we are within budget as well as assist with growth and headcount planning
- Travel both domestically and internationally 10-20% of the year
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
- Experienced people manager, experience managing program / project managers preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building and growing strong internal and external relationships
- Experience with setting and meeting metrics and goals
- Ability to adapt well to a fast-paced environment with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Positive attitude and advocate of change/change management
- Ability to identify and communicate problems and create scalable solutions quickly to resolve the issues
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!