IT Applications Manager (iPaaS)
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As an IT Applications Manager for Integrations at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. As a lead on the IT Applications team, you will play a critical role in launching and managing an iPaaS to support enterprise systems and customer EDI integrations.
- Lead the iPaaS implementation at Convoy
- Architect solutions using any of the leading enterprise iPaaS/Middleware platforms such as Dell Boomi, Jitterbit etc.
- Develop strong partnerships with IT, engineering, product management, and business leaders to understand priorities and drive focus on strategic and tactical program objectives
- Work with teams to promote best practices for setting up new iPaaS integrations
- Support team members who review, analyze, construct, and modify EDI maps including coding, testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Provide guidance on leading Integration Architecture concepts and patterns, including Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, Batch Integration, RESTful JSON services, etc.
- Create technical design specifications and lead the technical project planning process with application administrators
- Define standards and guidelines around Scalability, Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring and KPI for end-to-end process execution
- Serve as the Convoy contact for our iPaaS vendor and associated licensing
We're looking for someone who has:
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience with any of the leading Cloud Integration/iPaaS platforms (ex: MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, Jitterbit, Tray.io etc.)
- Experience with EDI, API Management, and/or Queue/Messaging/Streaming
- Experience in integration with one or more SaaS solutions for ERP, CRM, e-Commerce (e.g. Workday, Salesforce.com, Okta, etc.)
- Solid understanding of leading Integration Architecture concepts and patterns, including Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, Batch Integration, RESTful JSON services, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with all level of stakeholders, support personnel, and clients
- Experience using Agile, Scrum and iterative development practices
- Experience at high growth companies and/or startups
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!