Software Engineer, Analytics Platform
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
At Convoy’s data and analytic platform team in infrastructure organization, we are looking for a software engineer that will help us deliver the analytic platform solutions. Your expertise plays a key part of our business which enables business stakeholders generating reports and analytic solutions.
- Design and implement Convoy’s analytics platform
- Build delightful and innovative analytic solutions to improve user experiences
- Develop a web platform to enable analysts and data scientists to easily and quickly build business reports
- Invent best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with business teams inside the company
- Write scalable software that helps us efficiently handle the large amount of data
- Utilize data governance principles to enable data quality verifications such as certification process
- Work with and contribute to industry standard open source projects like DBT, Kafka, Amundsen etc.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 6-8 years of building responsive, elegant web apps
- In-depth knowledge of browsers and their behaviors
- Demonstrated end-to-end feature development including backend engineering
- Care deeply about collaborating with designers and PMs to build great user experiences
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in mentoring both junior and senior engineers in multiple dimensions
- Strong sense of ownership and can drive complex projects end-to-end
- Growth mindset and is able to rapidly learn new technologies and concepts to meet the needs of our customers
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!