Principal UX Researcher
Seattle, Washington /
Who we are:
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
As a Principal UX Researcher for our team, you'll be working every day to empower our customers by bringing their needs into our company strategy. While working with team partners, you'll help determine product roadmap through rigorous investigation, focusing on areas requiring in-depth customer discovery. You'll help build our research practice, develop methodologies that help grow Convoy's research culture, and mentor others across the org in order to ensure the highest standards.
What you will own:
- Partnership with Design Leads, Product Managers, Engineering, and Data Science to uncover customer insights that help deliver exceptional product experiences
- Work in partnership with product teams on the highest impact ares for both customers and the business
- Building up the research discipline. From development and evolution of methodologies, to building up the logistical processes for you and others to execute on research
- Facilitation of research sessions and mentorship of team members on best practices
Skills and experience:
- 8+ years in user UX researcher, experience research, product research, or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative, with an ability to apply process and synthesize results in areas of high ambiguity. Should be able to demonstrate this knowledge tangibly via a portfolio of work
- Expertise working with multiple data sets such as telemetry, sentiment, and unstructured data sets and combining them with qualitative insights to paint a holistic picture
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an aptitude for telling engrossing stories both orally and in written form
- Experience with research operations execution and cross-team mentor ship
- Experience growing others as researchers (e.g. a team or otherwise)
- A minimum of Master’s degree in cognitive or experimental psychology, sociology, HCI, ethnography, OR a BA/BS in one of the above fields with significant academic or industry experience.
Nice to have:
- Ability to build early-stage UX deliverables, knowledge of SQL or other telemetry back end systems
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!