Senior Account Executive
Seattle, Washington /
Business Development /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with the sales team, the account executive will be responsible for managing the end to end sales process with our shipping customers.
- Source, engage, qualify and educate prospective partners on the Convoy value proposition.
- Close strategic partnerships with Directors and Vice Presidents from Fortune 1000 companies; and remain engaged with partners to drive growth.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue, partnership and pipeline development initiatives; including net new partnerships won, shipment volume(s) and revenue.
- Manage deal flow from initial partner contact to contract signing, via Salesforce. Collaborate on deal management with internal and external partners across launch, management and growth.
- Execute and build upon a collaborative new business development process with other key stakeholders, including the Convoy executive team, operations and account management.
- Ability to adapt and flex within a fluid business environment; growing rapidly and dynamic in nature.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5-7 years of new sales / business development experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent experience exceeding quotas and proven top performer.
- Proven new business cultivation and prospecting within a set client list; comfort and success in prospecting.
- Experience in managing client strategy and revenue growth with executives at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience involving recent history of embracing new technology is a plus, not required.
- Demonstrated experience selling multiple products/programs and bringing new solutions to market.
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding new business targets through outbound sales methods (e.g. cold-calling, emails, LinkedIn, etc.)
- High energy and strong desire to achieve top results with a positive can-do attitude over the phone and in person.
- Expertise at quickly building rapport and strong business relationships; team-focused mentality.
- Startup experience is a strong plus…!
- Passion for innovation, problem solving, and flexibility to drive business at scale.
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated, coachable, and resilient attitude
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!