Carrier Account Executive
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
When you see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup, and be part of an exciting team that is expanding to new carrier segments. You will be responsible for bringing large carriers into our marketplace, building relationships with them and understanding their needs, helping them be successful and reduce empty miles, actively managing these relationships, helping influence how our technology and marketplace works with carriers, and championing our carrier experience. This is an exciting opportunity that is fundamentally improving our marketplace and how we partner with our carriers.
- Source large carriers and other high-potential carrier segments, and help bring them into our marketplace
- Build relationships with carriers, understand their needs, and identify how we can best support and partner with them in our marketplace
- Help your carriers reduce empty miles and increase their truck utilization
- Train carriers how to use our products/tools and identify opportunities to further improve how our products/processes interact with and support carriers
- Partner with Demand and other functions to find creative ways to find work for carriers
- Analyze carrier data and share insights both internally and externally
- Partner cross-functionally to implement programs and deliver exceptional service
- Be a champion for improving the carrier experience and increasing carrier satisfaction
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of carrier sales and account management experience
- Consistent track record of sourcing, onboarding, retaining, and growing carriers
- Excel and data management skills
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in a fast moving environment
- Ability to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- The tenacity to roll up your sleeves and see ideas through implementation
- High emotional intelligence and humility. Ability to collaborate and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders including shippers, carriers, and teams across Convoy
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!