Product Manager, New Shipper Initiatives
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and we're the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
What we're looking for:
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup by helping us launch revolutionary new products for shippers. As Product Manager for New Shipper Initiatives, you have a track record of shipping software to solve customer problems. You've worked hand-in-hand with your technical teams to develop totally new solutions. You know how to reduce a feature to an MVP, test it, measure results and then use data and judgment to scale it or move on to the next opportunity. You are excellent at prioritizing and know how to make sure that your technical team is always working on the highest impact opportunity. Finally, you know that in order to achieve our objectives you need to scale across all your stakeholders: engineering, design, data science and account management.
In this role, you will do the following:
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy. We organize the team so that you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Execution: Once you've defined your roadmap, you will be accountable for working with your technical partners to deliver it.
- Optimization & Insights: You will work with data scientists to deeply understand our shipper products to identify improvements.
- Customer Research - You will work with design and lead research into understanding our shippers' needs and building new products to address them.
You have the following skills and experience:
- PM experience: 3+ years of experience owning and delivering product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Product: You have built compelling experiences for your customers using research and data, and have experience in web and/or mobile products.
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing.
- Customer-oriented: Work backward from customer and understands needs.
- Communication: Effective written and verbal communicator. Equally comfortable in front of customers, engineers and CEO
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!