Senior Internal Communications Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
Our internal communications manager is a senior position, working across the people, marketing and executive leadership teams at Convoy. In this role, you’ll create the messaging and processes that connect Convoy employees with one another, with the leadership team, and with our mission. The work you do will help employees stay engaged and feel a sense of belonging, by driving clear communications on how they're affecting Convoy's values and goals on a regular basis.
- Create the company-wide internal communication plan and calendar
- Create a messaging framework that drives employee engagement and reinforces our values
- Partner with the leadership team on all internal events and announcements, providing guidance that promotes transparent communication
- Manage the content and production of all company-wide meetings and events
- Measure the success of internal communications and make ongoing improvements based on results
- Create best practices and an internal style guide to ensure consistent communications across all teams
- Draft and edit employee communications including emails, executive presentations, FAQs and intranet pages
- Partner with public relations and marketing departments on communications for large company announcements
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7-10 years of employee communications, corporate communications or related field
- Experience building scalable comms programs from scratch in a startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to simplify complex business language
- Experience measuring the effectiveness of internal comms and drawing conclusions
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- Experience working closely with executives and developing thought leadership platforms
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A track record of using traditional and emerging communication tools and technologies
- Experience with community / government relations and corporate social responsibility a plus
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!