Senior Account Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are a builder. You are eager to sink your teeth into interesting problems at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. The Partnerships team works with Convoy channel partners to represent Convoy’s core value propositions, and ensure an incredible experience for them and their end customers. Therefore, you must be customer and partner obsessed, and have the experience and innate abilities to effectively manage strategic partnerships to grow customer relationships in both simple and more complex environments.
You will take ownership of:
- Achieving partner and account portfolio growth & retention objectives
- Developing a deep understanding of each partner’s internal structure, goals, and challenges with a constant eye to partner growth
- Developing and executing against strategic partnership account plans
- Analyzing partner portfolio account data and sharing insights both internally and externally, as applicable
- Leading partner-based programs and project management initiatives
- Developing and distributing strategic partnership reporting
- Driving analyses. Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Running business reviews on-site with partners
- Executing on partner onboarding process and framework with internal stakeholders
- Ensuring the highest level of partner and customer satisfaction
- Operating with cross-functional teams to execute programs and deliver exceptional service
You have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of account or partner management experience
- 2+ years of directing or managing the activities of one or more team members
- Consistent track record of onboarding, retaining and growing partnership based accounts
- Strong Excel/Data skills
- Strong operations or detailed account or partner management experience (comfortable diving into the details)
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders
- Self directed and proactive approach to work - adept at working in highly dynamic environments
- Creative thinker able to develop new internal processes and to challenge our customers to think differently
Bonus skills and experience:
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience a plus
- Channel sales or partnerships experience a plus
- Technology industry and startup experience a plus
- SQL and more advanced excel / data experience a plus
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!