Quality and Compliance Specialist
Seattle, Washington /
Quality & Compliance /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About Quality and Compliance:
Carrier Performance and Compliance is critical to Convoy's success and it plays a role in every Convoy operational team. The team’s role is to maintain and foster a high quality network of thousands of trucking companies, and to mitigate risk to Convoy and its customers. We provide analysis, research and guidance for Convoy as it expands into new geographies, services, and equipment types, and as trucking regulations change. The team comprises people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking, pulling from the transportation industry, software and retail. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as creative problem solving, outcome orientation, customer service, humility, and great communication.
You thrive on solving problems and providing incredible service. Seeing tangible results from your hard work is important for you. You are a problem solver and a generalist who is equally as comfortable talking to a truck driver as you are analyzing trends in a spreadsheet. You are good at process improvement and cross team collaboration. You are a confident and skilled communicator. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
- Build trust with our carrier network through development of high quality communications, steeped in fairness and transparency.
- Develop frameworks to support network maintenance and progression as it applies to carrier performance and behavior, shipper expectations, and internal collaborations.
- Communicate with the carrier base about their performance in the Convoy network.
- Provide support and guidance to internal teams on carrier performance and compliance related issues.
- Research to provide regulatory and process guidance on new geographic, program & freight expansion initiatives.
- Support team experiments and initiatives.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree or (4+ years in the military)
- 1-3 years of experience related to strategy development, operations, or customer service.
- Excellent written and cross-functional communication skills
- Analytical problem solving mindset
- A positive, tenacious and proactive attitude
- Strong team player that leads through actions and overall attitude
- Excel or SQL experience a plus
- Startup or tech experience a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!