Software Engineer - Frontend
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
Our frontend web experiences are a key part of our business, and we’re looking for engineers that have deep expertise in building world-class web apps and care deeply about UI/UX. If you are excited about combining your extensive understanding of browser platforms with the speed of developing a React app, we'd love to hear from you!
Now is the perfect time for you to come be a part of our high-caliber engineering team as we work to realize this massive vision.
As an engineer at Convoy, you might be:
- Building delightful features that make it easier to run a small trucking business (truck driver is the most popular job in America!).
- Creating rich experiences for our shippers (Fortune 500 companies to small local businesses) that bring unparalleled innovation to their supply chains.
- Developing a web platform to enable engineers to easily and quickly build client-side code.
- Inventing best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with business teams inside the company.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of building responsive, elegant web apps, including via React.
- In-depth knowledge of browsers and their behaviors.
- Demonstrated end-to-end feature development including backend engineering.
- Care deeply about collaborating with designers and PMs to build great user experiences.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!