Human Resources Business Analyst
Seattle, Washington /
Human Resources /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As an HR Business Analyst at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. HR at Convoy is transparent and data driven so our business must have quality information to make the best decisions for our employees. We aim to be regarded as trusted advisors and thought leaders by our business partners. You will be responsible for ensuring we have high quality people data and have ownership of the total employee lifecycle: how Convoy attracts, develops, and retains the world’s best employees.
This role will have a wide range of responsibilities that include compensation, benefits, diversity, and development. If you are curious minded and are passionate about joining a company that is using data to build the best people team, join us!
- Perform analysis and reporting that is flexible and scalable as we grow.
- Drive clarity on trends and goal tracking in support of strategic initiatives.
- Help develop foundational processes that enable our teams to move fast and make high ROI decisions for Convoy.
- Resolve high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in Finance or Data Analyst Roles
- A love for working with numbers and comfort with Excel modeling
- Excellent communication skills that can flow across a wide range of partners
- The ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions, and to assess costs, benefits, and risks for the organization
- Superior organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- High levels of responsibility working with sensitive information
- An interest in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion work
Nice to have:
- Experience with SQL, R, and/or Python
- Experience working with a BI tool (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with building Workday custom reports
- Strong math or statistics background
- Compensation experience
- Experience working with sensitive or confidential data
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!