Billing Operations Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing organization. As a part of the billing team, you will bring a commitment to customer service (both with internal and external customers) and a growth mindset to solving problems.
- Become a subject matter expert in Convoy billing operations; ensuring customer invoices are sent quickly and accurately through a variety of methods and requirements
- Manage and train an offshore team and be the point of escalation for the work that they are responsible for; such as researching issues and directing the offshore team to resolution
- Serve as an advocate for increasing automation of the billing process by partnering closely with Product & Engineering teams
- Identify and advocate for additional resources needed for your team to succeed (training, SOPs, product work, etc.)
- Research and resolve invoicing issues with customer accounts and internal account teams
- Work across teams on the execution of strategic initiatives to address critical business issues or opportunities
- Understand workflows and reporting capabilities of several different transportation management systems
- Participate in & contribute to billing process improvement initiatives
- Be responsible for additional projects as assigned
- Collaborate across different departmental teams and be a strong team player
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum four years of experience working in a fast-paced customer support or operations environment
- A knack for process improvement inspired by data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient and effective problem solving abilities while diving deep into understanding the root cause of the problem
- Excellent project organization and time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Self motivated; Able to work independently and think creatively to deliver results
- Technical skills in Excel and/or SQL
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!