Overnight Manager, Operations
Convoy is a fast-growing tech startup transforming the $800B trucking industry. We are hiring talented and motivated people managers to help launch our first East Coast office. This individual will play a critical role in developing and enabling Convoy's operations. We offer top candidates the opportunity to take on customer support, partner training, problem-solving, quality control, and other challenges while looking for ways to continuously improve how we do business.
You are a strong leader who is eager to get your foot in the door at a rapidly growing startup and can demonstrate the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with the Atlanta Launch Leader and operations teams at Convoy HQ, the Atlanta Overnight Operations Manager will help hire, onboard, and lead a team of Operations Associates and Leads. You’ll play an integral role in setting culture and driving performance as our organization moves to 24x7 operations in Atlanta and will bring the energy, grit, and work ethic necessary to get the job done!
Ideal candidates will be strong communicators and multi-taskers who are adaptable, resilient and eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and a bias for action.
- Support hiring, onboarding, and training of Operations Associates and Leads.
- Motivate and lead a team to deliver against metrics required to serve Convoy customers.
- Manage performance and personal development of individual Operations Associates and Leads.
- Work cross-functionally to develop SOPs, train, and keep Operations Associates up to speed on process and product changes.
- Identify and advocate for additional resources needed for your team to succeed (training, SOPs, product work, etc.)
- Partner with Seattle teams on the execution of strategic initiatives to address critical business issues or opportunities
- Work with our product and engineering team to make improvements that increase efficiency and help us serve customers
- Develop a team schedule and manage timekeeping to ensure SLAs are met with high-quality service.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years people management experience in a fast-paced customer support environment
- Empathetic leader; Demonstrated ability to manage individuals and teams effectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Data driven with a knack for process improvement.
- Scrappy; willing to dive in and do what’s needed
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
- Self motivated; Able to work independently and think creatively to deliver results
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Technical skills in SQL, Excel, and/or data visualization