Principal Program Manager, Demand Initiatives
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Program leader on the product team you will work across the organization to develop and accelerate new demand focused initiatives. This role will primarily be focused on incubations for shipper facing programs and will require you to break down large problems and products into digestible, scalable solutions and strategies for our shippers. Acceleration and adoption of new shipper programs is a critical part of our growth and this role will own shipper acceleration across multiple product groups. Strong communication, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to scale solutions for our customers are a must.
In this role, you will own the following:
- Strategy - You will develop holistic customer acquisition and adoption strategies and drive growth through alignment with stakeholders.
- Planning & Execution - You will own end to end planning and execution of strategies to test and scale shipper and revenue programs.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will be required to design experiments and define metrics and goals to measure program success.
- Cross functional partnership - You will work closely with our product, sales, operations, marketing and other teams to execute on long term innovation for our customers.
About your skills & experience:
- 10+ years of experience at top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500.
- Project management, program management, or operations management experience.
- Sales experience (direct or indirect) at early stage companies or for new products.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to identify smallest increments of learning from customer and internal feedback.
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics. Exceptional with Excel/Data management tools. SQL experience is highly preferred.
- You can assess costs, benefits, and risks for programs, with the ability to respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
- You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Embrace ambiguity. Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!