Head of Product Management, Shipper Experience
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
What you'll be doing:
Our $800 billion industry in the US starts with over 100,000 shippers of every size. As the Head of Product for Shipper Experience, you will envision and execute a strategy that challenges decades of prevailing industry practices. The experience you craft spans every step of the shipper lifecycle—finding the right shippers, defining the experience they receive, and to know when we are succeeding with our customers.
Are you passionate about working autonomously and being responsible for your domain end-to-end? At Convoy, your work will span company-level strategy through to roadmap and execution. You will lead a "pod" that can consist of engineers, designers, data scientists, and others which will be embedded in your pod to pursue its charter. You'll also partner closely with operations, marketing, sales, and account management.
In this role, you will own the following:
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions, establish a charter, and work towards resolution and alignment with partners.
- Roadmap & Features: You will be responsible for the product roadmap for a major part of Convoy's mission.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
You have the following skills and experiences:
- PM experience: 5+ years leading a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Measuring success amidst ambiguity: Experience defining metrics, running experiments, and testing.
- Hands-on with customers: Earns trust with customers, lives their problems, and works backward from there to design solutions.
- Communication: Your former colleagues describe you as an excellent, succinct communicator, in both written and verbal forms.
Bonus skills & experience:
- Experience with two-sided markets (platforms) and other economic theory
- Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science background
- SQL fluency
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters. Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!