Product Manager, Carrier Experience
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
What we’re looking for:
As Product Manager for carrier experience, you need to ensure that trucking companies (carriers) and truck drivers love using Convoy. You will own the roadmap and be responsible for our most important workflows around helping carriers find work, haul loads and improve their performance and utilization on Convoy.
To achieve your objectives, your roadmap will span operations, data science, and product (mobile, web, and backend). You will work alongside engineers, designers, research scientists, marketers and more.
Here are some examples of innovative features that the carrier team has recently launched: https://convoy.com/blog/auto-detention/, https://convoy.com/blog/request-a-load, https://convoy.com/blog/power-only-program-universal-trailer-pool/ , https://convoy.com/blog/introducing-convoy-flex-loads/
In this role, you will do the following:
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategic questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
- Product Marketing: You will partner on GTM, positioning, and communication of major product initiatives for carriers with our product marketing team.
- Optimization & Insights: You will work with data scientists to deeply understand our carriers and optimize their journey across Convoy.
- Carrier Research: You will work with design and lead research to deepen the team's understanding of carrier needs.
You have the following skills and experience:
- PM experience: You have 4+ years of experience owning a product roadmap for a breakthrough product.
- Product: You have built compelling experiences for your customers using research and data, and you have experience in building high-quality mobile and/or web products.
- Data-Driven: You have experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing.
- Customer oriented: You know how to work backwards from the customer and you understand their needs.
- Communication: You have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Economics background or experience with marketplace businesses.
- Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science background.
- Fluency with SQL.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!