Associate Program Manager, Capacity Planning
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
The Forecasting and Capacity Planning team sits within Convoy’s Operations org. Our team mission is to meet both service-level and cost targets by forecasting long-term headcount needs, while also building the tools and processes to manage capacity in real time. We are a small team with a big impact.
You are a strong analytical problem solver eager to have a big impact at Convoy. You have a strong analytical toolset and are naturally curious when diving into complex problems. You are a team player with experience working cross-functionally to drive process changes. You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is a role for you.
- Collaborate with Finance, Operations, and Data Science to conceptualize and design the future state of capacity planning at Convoy.
- Build capacity planning tools, dashboards, and processes from the ground up using SQL, Excel, and/or Tableau
- Support rapid growth by driving continuous improvement to existing tools and processes
- Identify, track, and report on key metrics related to volume, productivity, and service level trends
- Lead ad hoc quantitative deep dives and provide actionable insights to the business
- Bring curiosity, positivity, and a passion for excellence
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Finance, or other quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role, preferably in operations and/or a startup environment
- Problem solving skills - ability to break down complex business problems into concrete analytical solutions, must be comfortable operating in vague/complex environments.
- Analytical skills – ability to create and analyze business information, define key business metrics, and build tools from scratch; proficiency in SQL and Excel is a requirement
- Communication skills -- ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Organizational and time management skills -- ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!