Business Analyst (All Levels)
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. Want to join a team that is among the fastest growing teams at Convoy? Does working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment sound like a good fit? Does working with data to answer business questions sound like an encouraging way to spend your day? Then consider joining Convoy as a Business Analyst.
We are looking for Business Analysts to embed with multiple Product and Business units. You will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Marketing Managers, Financial Analysts, Data Engineers, Product and Program Managers across the company. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, using data to develop insights, answering strategic questions, developing scalable and robust data visualizations, and more.
- Analyze customer data and share insights both internally and externally, as applicable
- Develop and distribute strategic customer reporting
- Drive data. Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Operate across cross-functional teams to execute programs and deliver exceptional service.
- Learn and understand a broad range of Convoy’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
- Responsible for building channel metrics/KPIs, which inform optimization of marketing spend.
- Own reporting across Weekly Business Reviews and Deep Dives for multiple marketing channels.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or a quantitative and analytical discipline
- 1-5+ years of experience leveraging quantitative analysis and analytics to solve business problems, preferably within a large customer service or sales organization
- Advanced SQL and proficiency in Excel or similar tools
- Experience with data visualization in Tableau or similar software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams
- Experience managing complex projects with an ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Nice to haves:
- Experience in data engineering and automation to build metrics decks, dashboards and BI solutions
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R or Python
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!