Operations Account Manager
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You are self-motivated and passionate about helping shape a new role, working independently as a remote employee on site at one of our largest customers.
In conjunction with the Seattle-based customer account team, the on site Operations Account Manager owns the local relationship with the customer’s transportation and procurement teams, and is responsible for achieving a high level of customer satisfaction. They will be the on-site face of Convoy to the customer, focused on developing a deep understanding of the customer’s business and needs, delivering operational excellence, and serving as a thought leader/ problem solver in partnership with the customer.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing long-term relationships with the customer team, keeping your finger on the pulse of our customer’s expectations and needs
- Ensuring operational excellence, quarterbacking the supporting Convoy teams and acting as the immediate point of contact at the customer
- Developing and executing against a comprehensive account operations plan; owning the day-to-day operations on site
- Serving as a thought/ innovation partner to the customer on projects/ initiatives
- Using your understanding of the customer’s business to identify opportunities for Convoy to offer solutions or improvements that support the customer and grow our business
- Representing the customer’s interests internally at Convoy from your unique perspective as the on site Convoy presence
- Owning the day-to-day operations on site
- Meeting or exceeding quarterly success metrics
- Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of account management or client-facing operations experience
- Prior experience in managing and growing customer relationships; prior experience with CPG companies
- Customer-oriented, with the ability to represent customer needs back to internal stakeholders
- Problem-solver: You do not give up easily, but persist in pursuing solutions, leveraging relationships and out-of-the-box thinking and collaboration
- Detail oriented and organized; operationally capable, with strong follow-through
- Ability to use data to analyze and track key metrics
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Energetic self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative in a high energy entrepreneurial environment
- Technology Industry and/or Startup experience a strong plus
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!