Head of Product, Shipment Growth
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
What you'll be doing:
Our $800 billion industry in the US starts with over 100,000 shippers of every size. In your role, you will build new pricing programs to meet unmet transportation needs of all customer segments. You will meet customers in person, deeply understand their problems, and use that to create or enhance Convoy offerings. You will work closely with our Sales, Marketing and Finance organizations to build these offerings and execute against them to drive company's growth. You will also build data products for these offerings that allow Convoy to operate a growth-margin trade off framework while ensuring exceptional service quality. In this role, revenue and margin will be the first order of business for you.
You will own the vision, roadmap, and execution of this effort, with the outcomes directly impacting Convoy's growth trajectory. To help you succeed, you will lead a "pod" that can consist of engineers, data scientists, and others which will be embedded on your charter. You'll also be partnering closely with sales, operations, marketing, and account management.
You will have ownership of:
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions, establish a charter, and work towards resolution and alignment with partners.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Sales and Pricing Operations teams to identify long term innovations in our pricing and demand acquisition strategy.
- Optimization: You will work closely with Data Scientists to optimize freight opportunities to drive Convoy's network density.
You have the following skills and experiences:
- PM experience: 7+ years leading breakthrough products through multiple iterations.
- Measuring success amidst ambiguity: Experience defining metrics, running experiments, and testing.
- Hands-on with customers: Earns trust with customers, lives their problems, and works backward from there to design solutions.
- Communication: Your former colleagues describe you as an excellent, succinct communicator, in both written and verbal forms.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience creating entirely new offerings in a B2B space
- Experience collaborating with sales organizations
- Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science background
- SQL fluency
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters. Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.