Senior Partner Development Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
The Partnerships Team is helping to accelerate Convoy's growth by establishing and growing partnerships within the logistics ecosystem including 3PLs, Brokers and Transportation Management System (TMS) Providers.
You have a freight/logistics background and recognize the role technology can play in the supply chain to drive greater efficiency and less waste for all participants. You want to be at the forefront of this transformation with a well-funded startup that is leading the charge. You will leverage your industry experience, professional network, excellent communication and collaboration skills and strong business acumen to identify and bring on new partnerships.
- Build and own a partner development plan for an exciting new Convoy initiative and its target market.
- Source, engage, qualify and educate prospective partners on the new initiative.
- Conduct discovery calls/meetings with potential partners to determine fit and priority.
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to develop/maintain a go-to-market plan and collateral for the initiative.
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal product team to guide the direction of our solution.
- Negotiate and manage the contracting process with senior leaders from within the freight/logistics ecosystem and our internal legal team.
- In partnership with the Partner Management Team, prepare and conduct business reviews with existing partners and identify opportunities to expand the partnership leveraging a wealth of internal data and analysis.
- In partnership with the Partner Management Team, prepare and conduct internal business reviews for the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing/expanding partnerships.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5-7 years of sales and/or partnership development and/or consulting experience within the freight/logistics industry.
- A strong desire to build out a new partner channel from the ground up in collaboration with a cross-functional team.
- Proven track record of exceeding performance metrics and building out new customer/partner relationships that lead to positive and measurable financial results.
- Self-starter mentality, entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to collaborate to solve complex business challenges.
- High degree of comfort with data and the ability to leverage data to support your efforts in bringing on new partners.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present analysis and results to senior management (internally and externally).
- Strong proficiency with Sheets/Excel and Slides/PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple partner engagements in parallel.
Nice to haves:
- Experience selling to and/or building partnerships with 3PLs and/or freight brokers a big plus.
- An undergraduate degree from a 4-year university.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!