Senior Data Scientist - Demand
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. We offer the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through our network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
The Data Science team is at the core of Convoy’s business. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, metric definition, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. You will collaborate with Research Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers across the Product organization and interact with stakeholders across the company. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, developing insights to drive product decisions, and building data science models.
Who you are:
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to work with Convoy’s Demand organization. The Demand organization is responsible for driving revenue and growth for Convoy by establishing and maintaining partnerships with Shippers. You will collaborate with leadership, Account Managers, Business Development and Sales teams, Research Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers across Convoy.
You will be responsible for developing insights to drive decisions, building models, analyzing experiments, generating reports, etc to support the acquisition, engagement and retention of shippers. Ideal candidates have experience delivering and enjoy working on high visibility and high impact projects.
You have the following skills and experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience at top-tier companies in Consulting, Business Intelligence, Data Scientist, or Analytics roles
- Experience with customer lifecycle (acquisition, engagement, retention)
- Experience partnering with and supporting a team of stakeholders
- SQL fluency and ETL pipeline experience
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting tools.
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
Nice to have skills
- MS or PhD in economics, statistics, computer science, operations research, engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- Strong examples of your outputs influencing a sales, account management, product or engineering road-map
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. at our Seattle HQ.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!