Senior Product Manager, Convoy Physical Assets
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Product Manager to build the infrastructure, tools and services to manage Convoy’s physical assets which today are Trailers and Yards but eventually can be any physical assets that can support our transportation needs. The candidate will have to build product features to enable physical assets to add degrees of freedom to Convoy’s transportation network while optimizing for asset utilization and operations costs
This role has to manage competing priorities amongst three user groups: a) Shipper Facilities that will use our assets, b) Truck drivers that will haul the assets, and c) Internal operations teams that will manage the day to day of the assets. The candidate needs to be comfortable interacting with very different types of users that have different sizes and sophistication (from large and sophisticated users to small trucking companies of 1 person) and interact with using different technology (truck drivers use mobile, shippers in person or web based, and internal teams via internal tools)
To achieve your objectives, you will be lead across engineers, data scientists, operations and other product organizations. The solutions that the PM will drive require influence and managing software development, but also hardware as we need use IoT technology to monitor and manage our asset fleets remotely.
About Convoy Go
Convoy Go is a drop & hook marketplace that allows any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. to start hauling pre-loaded trailers -- and to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers. Drop & hook shipments (pre-loaded trailers) currently represent the majority of Fortune 500 company shipments. To date, most of these shipments have been serviced by large asset-based carriers. Convoy Go enables any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. using the Convoy app to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers, in terms of fleet utilization, service levels and access to shipments. With its drop & hook marketplace, Convoy Go creates a seamless “grab and go” system, where carriers simply bring their power unit (a truck’s engine and cab), pick up a pre-loaded trailer, and hit the road. To accomplish this, Convoy Go leverages its Universal Trailer Pool, a nationwide pool of Convoy-managed trailers that can be used by any driver in Convoy’s network, with no rental fees. Learn more about Convoy Go here
What you'll be doing:
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for Convoy Go Asset management.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments.
About your skills & experience:
- PM experience: 3+ years of experience owning product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Data- Driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing. Comfortable writing own SQL and comfortable understanding ML.
- Customer- Oriented: Works backward from customer and understands needs. Can generate empathy with consumer and business customers.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background
Bonus skills & experience:
- Experience working in 2 sided marketplaces (ads, e-commerce, etc)Experience in Transportation TechExperience in IoT and intersection between hardware & software.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. at our Seattle HQ.