Senior Claims and Insurance Specialist
Compliance and Quality
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
About Quality and Compliance:
This position is in the Quality and Compliance organization. Quality and Compliance is critical to Convoy's success and its plays a role in every Convoy operational team. The Q&C team’s role is to maintain and foster a high quality network of thousands of trucking companies, and to mitigate risk to Convoy and its customers. We provide analysis, research and guidance for Convoy as it expands into new geographies, services, and equipment types, and as trucking regulations change. The team comprises of people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking, pulling from the transportation industry, software and retail. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as creative problem solving, outcome orientation, customer service, humility, and great communication.
You thrive on solving problems and providing incredible service. Seeing tangible results from your hard work is important for you. You are a problem solver and a generalist who is equally as comfortable talking to a truck driver as you are analyzing trends in a spreadsheet. You are good at process improvement and have a desire to become a subject matter expert. You are a confident and skilled communicator. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
You'll take ownership over:
- Administering the claims management and insurance programs; an important portion of our Quality and Compliance team. This includes managing cargo and property damage claims.
- Supporting team experiments and initiatives with trucking companies and shippers.
- Provide support and guidance to internal operations and sales team members.
- Research to provide insurance and claims guidance on new geographic, program, and commodity expansion initiatives.
- Communicate with trucking companies and shippers about claims performance and insurance requirements.
- Responding to real-time load issues as they arise.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or 4+ years in the military)
- 3-5 years of operations, or client facing experience
- Good written and cross-functional communication skills
- A positive, tenacious and proactive attitude
- Experience in the following is a plus: Logistics/Transportation, Claims or insurance, Excel or SQL, Startup or tech
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!