Internal Communications Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Our Internal Communications Manager will think more broadly about the perceptions we’re driving with employees, and what we want them to THINK, FEEL, & DO. This person will bring the employee value proposition to life and think proactively about how we use communications to influence employee sentiment. In close partnership with the People Team (HR), they will also anticipate the communications needs of employees and how we use internal communications as a lever to influence.
- Create internal communication plans and calendars.
- Create a messaging framework that drives employee engagement and reinforces our values.
- Partner with the leadership team on all internal events and announcements, providing guidance that promotes transparent communication.
- Assist the production of all company-wide meetings and events.
- Create best practices and an internal style guide to ensure consistent communications across teams.
- Draft and edit employee communications including emails, executive presentations, FAQs and intranet pages.
- Measure the success of internal communications and make ongoing improvements based on results.
- Partner with public relations and marketing departments on communications for large company announcements.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 5-7 years of employee communications, corporate communications or related field
- Experience building scalable communications programs from scratch in a startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to simplify complex business language
- Experience measuring the effectiveness of internal comms and making data-driven decisions
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- Experience working closely with executives and developing thought leadership platforms
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of event presentation and coaching
- Experience with HR, technology, freight or logistics preferred
- A track record of using traditional and emerging communication tools and technologies
- Experience with community / government relations and corporate social responsibility a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!