Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as a member of the Legal Team. As a part of the Legal Team, you will be responsible for the day to day operational and administrative activities for Convoy’s equity program including employee education, processing, recordkeeping, and reporting.
The Legal Department values diversity, equity, and inclusion and believes promoting these values is essential to a successful team and building a positive culture. We seek a candidate who shares in our priorities and actively believes in promoting these values in their work.
- Manage the equity administration system, including, but not limited to, ensuring the cap table is current and accurate, and processing new grant issuances, stock option exercises, and employee information updates.
- Educate employees on Convoy’s equity program by responding to specific questions, leading regular Q&A sessions, and preparing training materials.
- Generate equity reports on a regular cadence (e.g., board meetings), and on an as-requested basis for internal partners such as Accounting, Finance, Payroll, and HR.
- Maintain pending grant lists and prepare Board materials on an as-needed basis.
- Stay up to date on changing laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Provide guidance to internal teams, including Accounting, Finance, Payroll, and HR.
- Working on additional projects as assigned, including efforts to develop and implement processes that improve support of business clients.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 3-5 years of relevant equity-program administration experience.
- Experience with multiple forms of equity such as stock options, RSUs, and RSAs in a pre-IPO environment.
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities, urgent tasks, and adapt quickly.
- Experience working in and managing equity management platforms.
- Ability to communication clearly and concisely with internal and external stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- 1+ years of experience in a startup environment.
- In-house experience.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!