Director, Deal Strategy
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, as well as Al Gore’s sustainability investment fund, Generation.
You are eager to lead strategy at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Working within our Business Operations & Sales Strategy team, you will be responsible for setting critical strategy, sales process and prioritization over Customer RFP’s that directly impact Convoy’s success.
As a Director, Deal Strategy at Convoy, you will work to set long-term vision, while executing on short-term targets by coordinating efforts across the Demand team, Marketing team, Operations team, Product and Finance to bring your plan to reality.
In this position, you’ll leverage your strong leadership, business strategy, financial analytics, and sales skills to set comprehensive goals and a company-wide vision based on insight from data, while demonstrating superior communication and project management skills, and a high level of emotional intelligence to manage differing priorities and stakeholders across the company. You will be a key customer facing negotiator and responsible for overarching deal structure. We want you to be the bridge between the customer and the deal for Convoy.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build pricing strategy to determine and communicate new account acquisition and account growth goals for foundational Customers to drive overall company growth goals.
- Be the supreme negotiator and coach to sales and account management team members as we structure and present RFPs, Mini-Bids, Pilots, etc.
- Represent customer voice in pricing and deal structure process.
- Creatively define deal structures and customer targets that can maximize company margin and volume.
- Align internal stakeholders around Customer prioritization as well as financial strategy.
- Create both short term scrum support and long term strategic planning to support critical RFP’s. Where necessary, make improvements to these methodologies.
- Take a seat at the table with internal leaders including sales, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Establish key business metrics for tracking RFP success and Sales motions related to that success.
- Through analysis and business intelligence, Identify and effectively communicate key levers to accelerate growth.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, or related field
- Advanced degree in business a plus
- 10+ years professional/business experience leading strategic teams
- 5+ years freight experience required
- Strong Analytical skills: ability to cut through the noise and pull insight from data
- Experience managing teams in customer-facing sales roles
- Experience working with finance teams in high growth environments
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Own it.
- Ability to work through ambiguous scenarios and manage towards a creative solution
- MUST BE INNOVATIVE. Experimentation encouraged, supported, required.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!