Software Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team
On the Convoy Experimentation Platform team, we are excited about empowering innovation through efficient and trustworthy experimentation, metric design, and causal inference. If you’re passionate about taking products from 0 to 1, developing strategies for products-at-scale, build-test-ship in weeks (not months), and maintaining high-quality work-life balance, Convoy will be the perfect home for you.
An Engineer on the Experimentation Team will play a critical role in creating a world-class experimentation platform for Convoy and providing the technological infrastructure to solve complex data science challenges such as quasi experimentation, causal inference, metrics definition, and real-time monitoring and alerting on business metrics.
This role spans a wide range of responsibilities from building new experimentation platform features, to maintaining the experimentation client library and backend infrastructure, to directing the evolution and adoption of best practices and standards that support experimentation across Convoy’s product and partner teams.
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in architecting, implementing, and maintaining a state-of-the-art Experimentation Platform that powers experimentation across all of Convoy. This includes building new features on our A/B testing experimentation platform, expanding causal inference and quasi experimentation capabilities, building new data products related to Convoy’s metrics repository and entity linking framework. You will serve as the team lead for experimentation and have a visible position with the Infrastructure organization.
- Work cross-functionally to find solutions for the needs of different teams, and improving monitoring and alerting
- Design, develop, scale, and support Convoy’s Experimentation Platform
- Developing and operating high-scale data products with a focus on reliability and quality of analyzed data
- Increase developer efficiency through automation, improved signals, workflow streamlining and system optimization
- Collaborate with multiple engineers/teams across the whole company to find technical solutions to complex design challenges
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, impact assessment, and deployment
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience in engineering
- Backend development experience
- Experience building or using A/B testing infrastructure
- Experience building engineering or analytics tools or data products
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy standard methodologies in delivering outstanding software and services
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to create an inclusive environment to help all members of your team thrive
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!